(unknown charset) How can a server understand the site-specific exceptions that are stored in a user agent (was: Work ahead; volunteers?)

Hi Shane,

ISSUE ADMIN:
thanks for pointing this out. I've now broadened ISSUE-111 to act as a
container for the discussion how a server can learn about exceptions
(via header, Javascript, or other mechanisms not yet discussed) and
closed ISSUE-109.

  https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/111

WAY FORWARD:
Could you reply with some examples why a server may be interested in
learning the exceptions? I want to understand these usecases and how
they might be implemented. If we find important usecases that are not
addressed by the current spec, we may add additional mechanisms.

USECASES
Usecase 1: A first party may want to understand whether its third
party elements continue to work or not (=what subset is exempted).
MEANS-A: The server may call the site-specific exception API and
obtain a result (either entered by the user or else cached).

Regards,
 matthias