RE: ISSUE-59: Should the first party be informed about the DNT values sent to third parties

From: Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 15:58:28 -0700
To: Matthias Schunter <mts-std@schunter.org>, "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Matthias,

To me this discussion is dependent on the explicit/explicit decision.  If explicit/explicit is allowed, then I believe a new signal will be necessary to send to a web site operator that they may have a mixed user granted exception state (some 1, some 0) as it has no other way of knowing and would have to poll on all transactions.  Once we close on explicit/explicit, then I believe we'll know if we need a DNT:2 (mixed state, poll for details).

- Shane