Service Provider Attribute in Response Header

From: Matthias Schunter <mts-std@schunter.org>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 03:18:17 +0200
To: Tom Lowenthal <tom@mozilla.com>
CC: "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Hi Tom,

during our discussion you expressed a preference to keep the service
provider flag separate from the main response (1, 3, u, ...).
We planned to discuss but time-out struck.

I believe that our goal should be:
-  We want to express  if a party is a service provider to a 1st party
and falls under the corresponding constraints (not to be discussed here ;-)

I believe that the service provider flag \delta\ may only be present if
the main response is "1" (AFAIK, the notion of a service provider is
only defined for 1st parties; a service provider to a 3rd party does not
exist).

As a consequence, I would add the service provider as a separate role to
play (both headers or well-known uri):
 1 = intended for 1st party use
 3 = intended for 3rd party use
 s = service provider to a 1st party
[+ the other values we discussed].

Could you now explain to me why this approach (which seems simpler than
an extra field that is seldomly used) does not work or is inferior to
adding a separate flag?

Regards,
matthias