Re: tracking-ISSUE-155: Remove the received member from tracking status

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2012 11:31:12 -0700
To: Tracking Protection Working Group <public-tracking@w3.org>
as long as it's made clear how the UA finds out what the server thinks it is acting on (what it got from the UA), sure

the possibility of mangling by intermediates is high enough that some kind of feedback is needed.  I'd prefer it were in the form "I am doing X because I think I saw Y".

On Jun 21, 2012, at 10:40 , Tracking Protection Working Group Issue Tracker wrote:

> tracking-ISSUE-155: Remove the received member from tracking status
>
> http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/155
>
> Raised by: Roy Fielding
> On product:
>
> At least four different people at the Seattle F2F have independently requested that the received member (echo feature) be removed from the tracking status representation.  It interferes with caching and can be accomplished via other means (any message verification service).

David Singer