Re: tracking-ISSUE-150: DNT conflicts from multiple user agents [Tracking Definitions and Compliance]

Tamir,

DNT is a communication channel, not a privacy law. If a country
wants to prohibit services from refusing a DNT:1 header, they have
to create the appropriate rule that coerces the service into a
certain behavior. W3C does not have the status to create such
coercive rules.

Ian Fette already said: Do you want to know whether they ignore you
or be left in the fog?

There are multiple ways to react on a refusal to service DNT:1. One
being to fake the UA string. My browser has even a per-site
configuration to circumvent site designs that are doing stupid
browser sniffing things.

The rest is wording and making of compliance classes in the TPE
Specification. Our problem is the use of "DNT compliant" as a
marketing term for better privacy. A conformance section could say
e.g. that servers responding with NACK can claim to be "DNT Protocol
compliant" but not "DNT compliant".

Rigo