Re: Evolving Online Privacy - Advancing User Choice

I'd be interested in hearing your comments on the suggested changes to the
following.

Part III Explicit and Separate User Choice
<Normative>
1.     A User Agent must obtain explicit, informed consent to turn on the
DNT header*

2.     The User Agent must also make available via a link in explanatory
text where DNT is enabled to provide more detailed information about DNT
functionality

3.     Any User Agent claiming compliance must have a functional
implementation of the browser exceptions in this specification

4.     Servers MAY MUST respond to users that their UA is ¡°non-compliant¡± if
they believe this to be the case

a.     User Agents MUST relay Server responses to users to ensure
transparency

b.     Servers SHOULD MUST be prepared to defend why they have reached this
conclusion

c.      Servers that respond to 100% of DNT requests regardless of User
Agent details ARE NOT compliant with this recommendation

d.     Servers MAY MUST offer users additional information through a
resource link

5.     Efforts to misled users to activate Do Not Track MAY also be seen as
¡°non-compliant¡±

*NOTE ¡© The TPWG already agreed on this point

Peter
Peter J. Cranstone
720.663.1752