Do Not Track as a Contract

From: Peter Cranstone <peter.cranstone@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 08:23:04 -0600
To: W3 Tracking <public-tracking@w3.org>
I would suggest that those interested read the following article  Do Not
Track as a Contract.

http://www.jetlaw.org/?page_id=11363

Click on the PDF icon to the left of the title to download the content.

This is the kind of thing that is now at stake with this spec. There were no
regulators around for RFC 2616 (HTTP) but this time it's different. Policy
AND Tech are now colliding and the lawyers have the ability to write content
faster than the techies can design a protocol.

The expectation of a binary protocol (DNT:1) is very simple. It means what
it says from the users perspective. It's now time to align that with the
decisions made by the server. I doubt failure is going to be an option in
this case.

Peter
Peter J. Cranstone
720.663.1752