Re: Identity providers as first parties

Jonathan has played an extraordinary productive role, with insights, urging compromise (when people like  me looked with dismay about the lack of progress in achieving real privacy safeguards so far), and leadership.  As I have explained to officials, we have not yet seen serious compromise from industry to ensure DNT is a spec that protects privacy.  Jonathan wants us to all do better, as do I.   We all know--or should--that what we are doing is being closely watched on both sides of the Atlantic by the press and policymakers.  It would be a serious loss if we don't make progress in Seattle.

Jeff Chester
Center for Digital Democracy
Washington DC
www.democraticmedia.org