Re: UI and scope

Bjoern, the charter allows for "guidelines that define the user
experience". The only thing that is specifically excluded is "exact
presentation to the user." Requirements around UI are not excluded
wholesale.

Here's a few examples that would seem not to violate the charter. I am
merely using them as examples, not advocating for them specifically at this
time:

a) When the API provided to request an exception is called by a site, the
user's preference must be solicited.
b) The user interface must allow the user to make a decision as to whether
they wish to specify a DNT preference of "on", "off" or no preference at
all.
c) The user interface must make the following items clear as part of the
process by which a user turns the DNT preference "on": <summary of what DNT
does and does not do>
d) When the API provided to request an exception is called by a site, the
user's preference must be solicited via an active mechanism such as via a
dialog, infobar, or other mechanism that would attract the attention of
most users; the mere presence of a "passive" indicator (such as an icon
changing color or the appearance of a small icon) would not be considered
sufficient.