Re: Today's call: summary on user agent compliance

And there in lies the challenge of defining a user choice.

Microsoft sets the choice of ³Do Not Track²

Everyone else (Apple, Mozilla, Google, Opera, Yahoo) sets the choice to
³Tracking allowed². (In the absence of the user being notified that they can
indeed make a choice the default is to track).

So there you have it, opt-in vs. opt-out. Can you imagine the user now has a
choice. They can download a browser that by default offers more privacy or
they can chose the alternative. The real surprise comes later when they (the
consumer) find out that itıs all optional for the content provider.

Peter
Peter J. Cranstone

Contact information (Email is fastest)
Email:      peter.cranstone@gmail.com <mailto:peter.cranstone@gmail.com>