Re: Today's call: summary on user agent compliance

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 23:07:41 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, Peter Cranstone <peter.cranstone@gmail.com>
Roy,

On Saturday 09 June 2012 16:06:35 Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> > Exactly what information arrives
> > so the Web server understands itıs broken?
>
> Somebody tests the browser and says it is broken.

This is stupid browser sniffing. And it doesn't buy you a thing.
Because if I have altered my preferences, even IE sends compliant
signals as they represent my choice. This means you just have
ignored a valid DNT:1 request because you second-guessed the wrong
thing.

Sane protocol design looks different IMHO

Rigo