Re: tracking-ISSUE-150: DNT conflicts from multiple user agents [Tracking Definitions and Compliance]

Hi Brooks,

welcome back in the game. We have already discussed a requirement in the
Specification that intermediaries shouldn't inject stuff. Issue is that the
server doesn't see that it is an injection as we do not have hashing or some
such SSL. So by receiving a DNT;1 header, the server has to assume this
status and by receiving a DNT;0 can assume an exception. In case of
injections, injecting DNT;1 is creating trouble for the server and injecting
DNT;0 is creating trouble for the user. This is just a weak point of the
protocol because of the lacking end-to-end security. We can surely require
it, but does it buy us anything? I don't know. I would not object if someone
would come up with a good wording.

Rigo