Re: tracking-ISSUE-150: DNT conflicts from multiple user agents [Tracking Definitions and Compliance]

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 16:11:12 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: Kevin Smith <kevsmith@adobe.com>, "ifette@google.com" <ifette@google.com>, Lauren Gelman <gelman@blurryedge.com>, Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>, Justin Brookman <justin@cdt.org>
Kevin,

at another place we are discussing the feedback (response mechanism). Here
you can see immediately how useful this is. A user agent can not IMHO expect
compliance just by sending a DNT header. Having only some WKL that ACK
everything by default is your enemy here.

You know that you want to comply if you have sent back the ack-header. Until
then, no, I don't see how you would have made that promise.

Rigo