Re: tracking-ISSUE-150: DNT conflicts from multiple user agents [Tracking Definitions and Compliance]

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2012 11:35:55 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: David Singer <singer@apple.com>, ifette@google.com, Lauren Gelman <gelman@blurryedge.com>, Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>, Justin Brookman <justin@cdt.org>
A decent feedback mechanism is perhaps part of a solution. It is not
without reason that already the Romans required two expressions of will for
the creation of inter-party consequences/obligations. Because there may
always be situation where you do not want to contract or apply.

The feedback (ack-) mechanism will help us with this. Because you can reject
DNT. Without it, you can't and you might get your ticket to very nasty