RE: tracking-ISSUE-150: DNT conflicts from multiple user agents [Tracking Definitions and Compliance]

From: Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 14:34:04 -0700
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
CC: Kevin Smith <kevsmith@adobe.com>, "ifette@google.com" <ifette@google.com>, Lauren Gelman <gelman@blurryedge.com>, Justin Brookman <justin@cdt.org>, "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
David,

To that point, we should add a new response value to the TPE for "Invalid User Agent" or "Non-Compliant User Agent" so this can be managed correctly with users.  One party should always be able to assert they feel the requestor is in error.  While I prefer strictly objective forms of validation in these cases, this is a policy centric standard so allowing for subject disagreement is appropriate.

- Shane