Re: Transitive third party exceptions

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2012 19:42:13 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: Kevin Smith <kevsmith@adobe.com>, "ifette@google.com" <ifette@google.com>
Kevin,

On Tuesday 29 May 2012 17:02:59 Kevin Smith wrote:
> >The transitive scope of permission is a concession to the practical
> >implementation of ad networks. So I'm helping Shane to keep his models
> >and procedures and only adjust slightly.
> I don't think this really answers my question.  I know it was to try to
> help ad networks function, but I don't really think it helps much.  So
> again, does this actually help in the EU?  If not, then I recommend we
> dismiss this subject immediately.

For the EU, without a definition of allowances, DNT;0 and DNT;1 would not be
different and prohibit any storage of data on the terminal device. This
means, for EU, we would get consent, but would not know what that consent
means thus falling back into the regulation system that prohibits
everything.

Rigo