Re: Frequency Capping

On 11 July 2012 18:42, Chris Mejia <chris.mejia@iab.net> wrote:

> I work with and represent those key advertising industry engineers you're
> calling out— the overwhelming response to the proposed "work arounds" to
> date has been "no, we can't do that" (sorry). Again, performance and scale
> issues abound, not to mention needless conflicts with the fundamentals of
> the advertising business.  Respectfully, the job of any working group that
> wants to regulate another group is to provide real justification for its
> need to regulate, THEN solve for real-world problems. Bring real
> problems; justify them; cite examples; show research/data; support your
> case.  THEN we can start talking and brainstorming solutions.

What you are claiming here, I believe, is that (some? all?) advertising
industry engineers do not wish to compromise with privacy and consumer
groups on a meaningful Do Not Track standard.

We have gone to tremendous lengths, and in good faith, to compromise on our
end.  It's disappointing not to see that from the other side.

--
Peter