Re: Frequency Capping

We understand that the advertising industry would be very unhappy if
explicit non-consent from a consumer prevented frequency capping.

>From privacy groups' perspective, there cannot be a Do Not Track standard
that allows unique IDs for frequency capping of non-consenting users.

Fortunately this is not an impasse, because there are many possible
technical methods to do f-capping without ID cookies or other strong
tracking measures.  Such methods are the obvious (and as far as I can see,
the only possible) compromise for f-capping.

The job of this working group is to write some compromise language that
says "you can do f-capping provided it is not achieved by tracking each
user or small group of users".  And the advertising industry groups can
help by bringing a few of their members' key engineers to look at that
language and spread the word: "yes, we can do that".

--
Peter