Re: Exemptions and Exceptions.?

On Jan 31, 2012, at 19:21 , Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> We can generally agree that this is an editorial
> issue (it doesn't matter which word we use since both result in a negative)

I totally agree it's editorial.  I just want to know which word(s) we use, and if we use both, what we mean by the distinction, and we all understand.

Frankly, the view that using two words that sound similar, start with 'ex' and have related but different meanings, in the same document, is likely confusing, and we should use just one, is quite appealing.

p.s. I did, in fact, start by looking in a dictionary…

David Singer