Re: Opt-back-in Information API (ACTION-94)

To clarify: my dashed off proposals were intended to specify possible APIs, not user interfaces.  The discussion is non-normative.

That said, we probably should go a bit further in specifying API requirements.  Some things we might consider:

-When can the API return true / when can the browser start sending DNT: 0?  Is explicit consent required?
-When can the API return false?  Is a browser in compliance if it surreptitiously denies all exception requests?  What about just some requests (e.g. if the user just rejected this very request, and the site's being annoying)?
-Is the callback guaranteed to run?  If so, is a browser-initiated timeout allowed?  What about a script-initiated timeout (e.g. a new optional parameter)?
-In addition to exception accepted / rejected, should there be a third state for neither (e.g. user closed the notice, timeout, or anything other than accept/reject)?