Why we need a sound Do-Not傍rack standard for privacy online

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 12:46:52 -0500
To: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
A blog post from Nelly Kroes, from European Commission
including things about the Do Not Track

"Why we need a sound Do-Not傍rack standard for privacy online"

    This is important because I am not pushing for any DNT
    standard, but for a standard that I could endorse, for
    a standard that is rich enough, in substance, to signal
    that users right to online privacy is respected by
    companies who implement it. This is not a simple task,
    in particular as the underlying legal privacy
    frameworks differ across jurisdictions, and I am happy
    to see that the W3C has assembled an impressive group
    of experts to get it done.
     http://blogs.ec.europa.eu/neelie-kroes/donottrack/

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/