Re: meaning of DNT 1 and DNT 0 when sent by user agents [ISSUE-78]

Trimming CC...

Kevin,

unfortunately, the W3C Process doesn't work like this. Roy has introduced
wording into the TPE Specification. Fine. I spotted that this wording has
substantial policy-semantics (as opposed to HTTP-semantics) and raised the
issue that this would deeply affect the scope and understanding of the TCS
Specification. Aleecia was so kind to open ISSUE 117 in the issue tracker. We
have to resolve this issue by last call.

W3C Process hinders introducing language and keeping it until REC while the
issue remains open. And there is no chance that the TPE Specification will go
out with the wording in question without the WG having had a decision on this.
So we can't just introduce wording and then say: "you'll need consensus to
remove it again and I vote no". The default of the W3C Process is the other
way around.
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#Consensus

As a final consequence this also means that if this group is unable to find
consensus on the TPE Specification, this Specification will never arrive at
Recommendation and we'll be seen to have failed.

Best,

Rigo