Re: Issue-95: User Setting DNT Response (Draft)

On Wednesday 14 December 2011 13:56:05 David Singer wrote:
> Does this issue or another deal with the response header and
> intermediaries?  Because I think the response header is a MUST NOT fiddle
> with, for intermediaries, as it's the only opportunity for the end-point to
> be aware of actual state.

Hi David,

if you use a proxy (e.g. for mobile consumption), DNT goes to that proxy. A
proxy could be seen as "intermediary". Thus we should define "endpoint" in your
suggestion as the first point that can be accessed and controlled by the user.

Best,

Rigo