Re: ACTION-69: Renaming ISSUE-54

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:19:36 -0500
Cc: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: "TOUBIANA, VINCENT (VINCENT)" <Vincent.Toubiana@alcatel-lucent.com>

Le 15 févr. 2012 à 04:36, TOUBIANA, VINCENT (VINCENT) a écrit :
> As long as we have a common format used to describe exceptions -- and I think that should be the case -- bookmarks synchronization tools can be used to synchronize exceptions.

There are initiatives for Synchronization of your browsing activity. There is no interoperable format yet (Unfortunately).

* Mozilla Sync
  http://docs.services.mozilla.com/sync/index.html
* Opera Link
  http://www.opera.com/link/

A common format for describing exceptions is key
if we want to promote interoperability in between user agents and indeed users *have* to use multiple browsers because of the policy of some platforms. For example Apple forbids the installation of full fledged browsers on its devices.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/
Developer Relations, Opera Software