Re: ACTION-110: Write proposal text for what it means to "not track" (ISSUE-119)

Agreed...this should apply to all, if we have learned anything this week with the negative publicity over Google, Vibrant, Media Innovation Group and PointRoll bypassing a users designated browser setting in regard to tracking, exceptions or lack of universal applicability give way to these issues occurring and offers more fodder for those who find our self regulatory efforts to be laughable.

I have overseen the campaign deployment (both front end and retargeting) for many universities both for online and in-classroom programs.

While I agree many of these non-profits, universities, etc...do not engage in large scale advertising initiatives we have to look at companies that would fall into such an exemption group like Mozilla, University of Phoenix, FullSail, Heifer.org<http://Heifer.org>, etc...all good companies and spend substantially within our industry.

The recommendation for this is valid, but exceptions tend to lead the best of intentions to a road of being exploitation of those looking to gain a strategic advantage over others they compete with.

We need to treat this as a universal solution applying to all areas of Internet enabled devices currently known or on the horizon...and is applicable in every country.

A consumer should only ever need to answer the following:
Do I want to be tracked? Yes or No

Geoff Gieron
AdTruth

Sent from my iPhone