Re: Agenda for 2012-02-01 call (V02: added more incoming issues with text)

On Tuesday 07 February 2012 18:13:11 Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> In the entire history of HTTP, the only other protocols that defined a
> response header to indicated compliance were MIME-version (ignored),
> DAV (ignored), PICS (failed), and P3P (ignored).  I don't understand why
> this WG needs to make the same mistake.

Roy,

no response header, no consent recording(legally). It's as simple as that. And
P3P did not have a response header as the protocol was just 180 degree
opposite of the DNT protocol.
Given that there will be no consent-recording, a SHOULD may be enough. But the
Specification MUST give clear information about why the response header is
needed to avoid the misunderstanding above.

Rigo