Re: Agenda for 2012-02-01 call (V02: added more incoming issues with text)

I am having problems with the logic of using a SHOULD given that the standard is optional to begin with.

I understood the response header is the affirmative statement where a company says "I am DNT compliant."  So if a response header is not required, what is the difference between a company that chooses not to be DNT compliant and a company that chooses to be DNT compliant but doesn't send a response header because it is not mandatory?

How would I as a user know the difference?

On Feb 6, 2012, at 7:11 PM, Shane Wiley wrote:

> The difficulty with time bounding is that its arbitrary.  I would rather promote this as the “best practice” and then allow large organizations to help develop technology in this area for dissemination to the rest of the world (Apache and IIS packages, for example).
>
> The proposal is not linked to a specific response – or rather response headers SHOULD be an option for all transactions (where appropriate – being sensitive to the caching discussions).  I’m not sure I follow your logic – in both cases where a company is choosing to not comply or has not yet complied, then there would be no response header…?
>
> - Shane

Lauren Gelman
BlurryEdge Strategies
415-627-8512