RE: ACTION-69: Renaming ISSUE-54

And the proposed answer, "YES", as this appears to capture the 1st party exception cleanly and we have other statements that disallow a 1st party from sharing information with 3rd parties when DNT:1.

- Shane

From: Sean Harvey [mailto:sharvey@google.com]
Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2012 5:27 PM
To: public-tracking@w3.org Group WG
Subject: ACTION-69: Renaming ISSUE-54

Hi all, apologies for the delay in submitting my action item.

ISSUE-54 is intended to get at the question of whether or not a first party is allowed to leverage their own data, including registration data provided by the user at a previous time, in the context of a DNT header being ON.

Keep in mind I am not intending to provide an answer, only to more appropriately rename the topic.

In light of this I propose the Issue be renamed:

"Can first parties customize their own websites or advertising based on their own user data when a DNT header is ON?"