EU regulators want Google to halt new privacy policy | Firstpost

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 10:31:51 -0500
To: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
This is becoming interesting And directly related
to the work we were doing in the tracking protection
WG in Brussels last week.

What is tracking?

In EU regulators want Google to halt new privacy policy | Firstpost
At http://www.firstpost.com/tech/eu-regulators-want-google-to-halt-new-privacy-policy-203179.html

Brussels: A group of European regulators has
written to Google Inc calling on it to halt the
introduction of its new privacy policy, saying it
needs to investigate whether the proposals
sufficiently protect users’ personal data.

PS: my _personal_ position is that this new privacy policy is exactly what I wanted to avoid. For me, there is no such things as a co-branded, or corporate first party. There are services which should be silos by default.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/
Developer Relations, Opera Software