Agenda for 06 December 2012 TPE call - V01

From: Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) <mts-std@schunter.org>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 15:01:39 +0100
To: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Hi Team,

V01 of our agenda for tomorrow's call

1. Selection of scribe

Old business

2. Review of overdue action items:
      - To allow Peter Swire some time to get accomodated, we push the
compliance-related actions to Jan 2013
         (you may do them earlier nevertheless...)

3.Quick check that callers are identified

4. Revised approach to Exceptions

David Singer provided text describing the new approach that was outlined
during our last F2F:
I would like to gather feedback and decide whether it is OK to
  a) put this text in the spec (as an option)
  b) remove the existing text in the spec (which would make the new text
the only option)

- Agree on adding the proposed text (or create action for writing
alternative text)

ISSUE-113: How to handle sub-domains (ISSUE-112)?

On these issues IMHO the status is as follows:
- If a site-wide exception is requested, all subdomains are
automatically included
- This issue is only relevant for explicit/explicit lists of domains (if
the site uses them)
- An original proposal (from Ian) used cookie-like handling
- There is a need for wildcards (see note from David Wainberg)
    and if we agree that wildcards are useful, we should discuss the "how".

ISSUE-138: Web-Wide Exception Well Known URI
     Review non-normative text by Nick and agree that it is OK to put
into the spec.

ISSUE-153: What are the implications on software that changes requests
but does not necessarily initiate them?
       Proposed text (by david and nick): "Software outside of the user
agent that causes a DNT header to be sent (or modifies existing headers)
    do so without following the requirements of this section; such
software is responsible for assuring the expressed preference reflects
the user's intent."

6. ISSUES marked OPEN

Goal: review open issues at
and assign actions to them

ISSUE-164: Should the 'same-party' attribute be mandatory?

My understanding of the minutes is that we agreed in Amsterdam:
- keep a MAY (optional)
- Say that if a site that loads additional content "to be used in 1st
party context" (flag: 1)
    from other domains, this content may not work properly unless this
domain is desclared as "same-party"
- If this approach is still OK, I suggest to create an action to textify it.

6. Announce next meeting & adjourn

Zakim teleconference bridge:
VoIP: sip:zakim@voip.w3.org
Phone +1.617.761.6200 passcode TRACK (87225)
IRC Chat: irc.w3.org <http://irc.w3.org/>, port 6665, #dnt