An update on ISSUE-111: How user-agent can signal DNT exceptions to the site (ACTION-188)

From: Matthias Schunter <mts-std@schunter.org>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 22:19:43 +0200
To: "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Hi Folks,

below you find the current proposal how to indicate exceptions to a site.

However, I believe that
 - we first need to resolve whether we allow explicit-explicit exception
pairs
 - once we know the possible exceptions, we should revisit ISSUE-111

As a consequence, I'll postpone ISSUE-111 and indicate a corresponding
dependency.

Regards,
matthias

A proposed summary text for DNT values to signal site-specific preferences:
1 = no known exceptions for you
0 = You have an exeption (sent to 1st or 3rd parties) and semantics
1st: You have an exeption but there is no "*" exception
[You may poll for details]
3rd: You either have a web-wide exception or your
1st party got you exempted.
2 = "*" site-wide exception (sent to 1st party saying that all its
third parties are exempted)

Note that this text assumes that explicit-explicit exception pairs are
part of the API.