Re: first party resource

On Apr 18, 2012, at 8:44 AM, Ian Fette (イアンフェッティ) wrote:

> This would add an extra 1xRTT to pageload, and block ALL subresources, no?

This alone?  No.  This is primarily just a way to define the scope of a
first party such that our requirements make sense.  A user agent that
*needs* this info can get it.  If they don't need it, they would not get it.

E.g., if the user agent *wants* to send different header to the claimed
first-party sites (as opposed to just the primary request vs subrequests),
then it would need this information to do so; if it just wishes to send
a different value on subrequests, then it does not need the info.
A user agent that is coloring request elements based on the distinction
could check the info either pre or concurrent with rendering.

....Roy