Media requests

From: Aleecia M. McDonald <aleecia@aleecia.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 11:20:05 -0700
To: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Greetings,

I have a favor to ask. Please do not give my email address to reporters. They can reach me through press @ mozilla dot com, which is ok to use. If journalists come to me directly we just waste a day getting that all set up.

If you have an existing relationship with a very good journalist who could use some of my time strictly on background, and if it's not an intensely busy time (week before & after f2f are always crazy for me, others vary) then it's ok if you contact me with the journalist's information. If I am able to, I will contact the journalist. Understand W3C work was estimated not to exceed 2.5 days per week for me [1] -- I do have another set of responsibilities at Stanford. My time for on background help is much more limited than I would like, despite how important I think it is.

If I know that you would like to speak with reporters, or know that for corporate policy reasons you cannot speak with reporters, I can keep that in mind when I am asked for additional contacts. The way I have handled this is to get the reporters' email / phone info, and pass that along to a WG member I think might be best able to help for that particular story. Let me know if there's something I should keep in mind to do differently for you, and I'll do my best to remember that too.

Thanks for your help. Once again: please stop giving out my contact info directly.

	Aleecia

[1] 18 hour days and 18 hour weeks are just a difference in units, right? :-)