Re: Behavior of user agents after granting exceptions

I don't want to get too deep into discussions about the browser UI, but I
think it's fundamentally important to note that the value that gets sent to
the server needs to be a reflection of the user's express intent. That is,
if a user has granted an exception, DNT0 should get sent; a browser
shouldn't just decide "Well, I'm going to send DNT1" unless it is clear to
the user exactly why their choice is being overridden and why and that this
override is intended. For instance, I think one could argue that when
opening a "private browsing mode", which many browsers treat conceptually
as a separate profile to some extent, it could be reasonable not to carry
over the granted exceptions into that private browsing session. But such
cases should be very few and far between, and frankly I think it would be
worth a discussion of that.

In short, I'm not sure your #5 is sufficiently nuanced ("user agents using
other algorithms to determine whether to send DNT0/1")

-Ian