Re: on negotiating site exceptions

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 15:37:23 -0700
Cc: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: JC Cannon <jccannon@microsoft.com>

On Apr 6, 2012, at 12:06 , JC Cannon wrote:

> The difficulty with Route B is it relies on cookies, which may be blocked or deleted. Would an LSO be acceptable for these scenarios?

Local Shared/Stored Object.

Yes.  I used cookies as an example.  But note that the BVC is a visited site, and the user is interacting with it and setting preferences; most users are aware that cookies are a primary means of storing remembered preferences;  if they go back without it, and BVC is using cookies, then BVC would ask the question again…which is what happens when you delete the preference record.

David Singer