RE: ISSUE-130: Web-wide exceptions - iare there objections to permitting those?

From: Shane Wiley <wileys@yahoo-inc.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 15:56:24 -0700
To: Matthias Schunter <mts-std@schunter.org>
CC: "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Matthias,

It was my understanding we had consensus to allow this conceptually.

User Granted Exceptions  (Exception Type:  1st Party / 3rd Party Domain Pair)

Site-Specific Exception:  Known 1st Party / Known 3rd Party
Site-Wide Exception:  Known 1st Party / *
Web-Wide Exception:  * / Known 3rd Party

- Shane

Mar 28, 2012, at 11:15 AM, Matthias Schunter wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>
> from the lack of discussion on the mailing list, I gather that granting
> a web-wide exception to
> (e.g.) a producer of a widget does not raise huge concerns.
>
> Is there actually consensus on allowing such an exeption? If yes, I'd
> like to close ISSUE-130.
>

> Regards,
> matthias

Lauren Gelman