Re: ACTION-152 - Write up logged-in-means-out-of-band-consent

Shane,

On Sunday 01 April 2012 20:54:12 Shane Wiley wrote:
> I disagree with your basic premise here: '"Out-of-band" is creating the
> trouble, because it imports troubles from outside in our definition space
> and we have to decide in how far we accept that (see below).'

You can't have the cake and eat it too.

Either you take some rule from outside (out of band is superior of what we
define here) and you accept that the discussion about quality of out of band
agreements for DNT compliance is in scope for our Group.

Or you say, those out of band agreements have some legal value outside DNT and
we do not discuss it here but manage the semantic clash in our legal
department. In this case you may well say that because you have out of band
agreement, you break DNT compliance without legal consequences.

Or we create some rules under which out of band is taken into account by DNT
while still maintaining DNT compliance. That needs definition of some
requirements for out-of-band agreement as accepted for compliance with the
_Specification_.

But what we should not accept is allowing services to say "we do DNT" while
basically ignoring DNT-rules because of an undefined out of band agreement.
This is so prone to abuse that DNT would become meaningless IMHO.

Best,

Rigo