More details for tomorrow AM

From: Matthias Schunter <mts@zurich.ibm.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 04:37:22 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Hi Folks,

As a preparation for tomorrow's meeting, we went through the issues list
 http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/

We have identified two groups of issues that we want to tackle in the
two hours.

Hour 1: Parties
ISSUE-49 Third party as first party - is a third party that collects
data on behalf of the first party treated the same way as the first party?
ISSUE-17 Data use by 1st Party
ISSUE-27 Mechanism to revoke Do Not Track for
                                specific entities (maybe I
                                really like Google), "opt
                                back in"

Hour 2: Exemptions
ISSUE-23 Possible exemption for analytics
ISSUE-34 Possible exemption for aggregate analytics
ISSUE-25 Possible exemption for research purposes
ISSUE-22 Still have "operational use" of data (auditing of where ads
are shown, impression tracking, etc.)

Our goal is to make progress on each of these issues while focusing on
documenting agreements while refining the issues to narrow down on
further questions to investigate.

Regards,
Aleecia & Matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Schunter, MBA
IBM Zurich Research Laboratory,  Ph. +41 (44) 724-8329