Re: [ISSUE-81, ACTION-13] Response Header Format

On Thursday 27 October 2011 16:57:16 David Singer wrote:
> The user or user-agent deserves to know which clause of the privacy policy
> they currently fall into, and a static document can't tell them that.

David, it must. Otherwise you're back in P3P. And the contextual complexity
(which clause of the privacy policy) will kill deployment.

If we scope the meaning of the DNT header meaning for this request you'll get
context. If we scope the meaning of DNT saying for this site you don't get
context. The meaning of the DNT header is not defined by your privacy policy,
but by the Specification. Otherwise, the DNT header would be nearly
meaningless.

Best,

Rigo