(unknown charset) Re: Well-known URI vs response headers? [ISSUE-81, ISSUE-47, ISSUE-80]

Hi Rigo,

thanks for the input. I agree violently that we aim for simplicity.

Roy (the editor & http guru) and I perceive a well-known URI to be the
simpler option: Once a user has turned on DNT, a simple round-trip to
check this URL to us seemed simpler than adding a response header to
all (many!)  http responses.

I also do not understand the ' P3P caching issues' you mention (am I
getting old ;-): The machine readable statement "I accept DNT" at the
well-known URI should be static and thus easy to cache. The http
change either.

Could you clarify the caching issues and explain why you think sending
a http-response-header with every response is the simpler option?

Thanks a lot!

 matthias

--
Dr. Matthias Schunter, MBA