Re: Does DNT apply only to 3rd parties, and cross-site tracking?

Hi Carmen,

You are correct that it is not resolved what (if anything) first parties will need to do to comply. You are also correct that there has been quite a lot of prior discussion in this area, and strawman documents reflect the general direction of those discussions.

Most links to information for the working group are available from the main page, http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/    There you can find links to:

	- The issue and action tracker, http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/
	   When you know specific issues you are interested in, you can find them here (look for the link on the far right for "all") and see a summary of every mailing list discussion that mentions that issue by number.
	- Minutes from prior meetings

There are also a number of working group members who have worked on Do Not Track in prior contexts, or refer to what Do Not Track was intended to solve. This is interesting and useful history, but the W3C working group may choose to go in new directions. For example, we are not likely to go with the very early plan of having users register for DNT. :-)

	Aleecia