Re: Propose to drop from the strawman: ISSUE-93

David,

Not sure I understand why this is out of scope or changes a company's business practices.  It simply says that if I send the DNT message, I should not be penalized for having done so.

John

On Oct 25, 2011, at 2:17 PM, David Wainberg wrote:

> ISSUE-93: Should 1st parties be able to degrade a user experience or charge money for content based on DNT (It appears in 6.1 of the Compliance and Scope doc.)
>
> This is well out of scope of this standard, and should be dropped from the strawman document. The DNT standard should be limited to particular cases of data collection and use. It's not the role of the standard to require businesses to require or suggest broad changes to a company's business practices (such as giving away content and services for free) that aren't directly related to implementation of the standard and handling of the relevant data.

John M. Simpson
Consumer Advocate
Consumer Watchdog
1750 Ocean Park Blvd. ,Suite 200