RE: [ISSUE-60] Will a recipient know if it itself is a 1st or 3rd party?

Matthias said:
> With this said, I agree that we need to define "the" single way of 'reliably determining' whether a site is acting as 1st or 3rd party.

I do not believe there is any single way or even collection of methods to accurately determine party.  I believe it is a logical question, not a technical question.  The service knows whether it's a 1st or a 3rd party based  on which of their services is being accessed or their sub-domain strategy or possibly even the SLA of the client using the service.  Much (if not most) of the time, the party will not be provable using a generic  methodology.