From: public-tracking-request@w3.org [mailto:public-tracking-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Amy Colando (LCA)
Sent: Saturday, October 15, 2011 2:56 PM
To: Matthias Schunter
Cc: public-tracking@w3.org
Subject: RE: Proposed First Party definition

Thanks Matthias. I look forward to others' points of view on this issue too.

- Do you mean that a search box/widget is 3rd party until I interact with it (i.e., entering data; hovering the mouse is probably no such interaction).

AC: Yes, that makes sense to me; if the widget is passively collecting data without interaction from the user, then it would appear to be more in the third party camp than the first party camp.

- Does this also mean that once I click an element (e.g., an add or a button), then the owner of the button is 'promoted' to 1st party.