Re: Issue-17, Issue-51 First party obligations

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 16:10:28 -0500
Cc: Jeffrey Chester <jeff@democraticmedia.org>, "<public-tracking@w3.org> (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>
Roy is making a very good description of the problem space.
I think it is the best we had so far in the discussions.
And the core question is contained here.

Le 30 nov. 2011 à 15:35, Roy T. Fielding a écrit :
> This requires that we distinguish
> between sites that have been deliberately chosen by the user to receive the data
> (a.k.a., first parties) and anyone else who just happens to receive that data
> because of how browsers request, process, and render page elements provided
> by the first party.  It also requires that we define the scope of a "site" as
> an aspect of the user's perception of their own deliberate decision, rather than
> a more technical term like domain (an artifact of DNS) or same-origin (an artifact
> of web application security).

The user's perception of a site is key to move forward. On the list,
we have different ideas on what it means, depending on our backgrounds,
beliefs, and companies business models.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/