Re: Issue-17, Issue-51 First party obligations

From: Karl Dubost <karld@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 22:58:02 -0500
Cc: Jonathan Mayer <jmayer@stanford.edu>, "<public-tracking@w3.org> (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: "TOUBIANA, VINCENT (VINCENT)" <Vincent.Toubiana@alcatel-lucent.com>

Le 29 nov. 2011 à 22:46, TOUBIANA, VINCENT (VINCENT) a écrit :
> So if two users use a same browser, the problem is already there (I think that's what Jonathan means).

I agree with that statement, but DNT is currently not defined like this.

> That being said we could try to recognize sessions on the client side to disambiguate users.

There is a strong issue here. We have a tendency to think
as a first-world way. I gave a list of use cases. For example,
users of Internet cafes, going there every day and sharing
computers. What is the meaning of DNT? In which ways, it is
important or not important.
A mobile phone which is owned by someone but lent against
money for example to multiple users. [1] Nokia worked a lot
in that area.

In every discussion we have we should focus on the User
experience, because DNT is made for users.

[1]: http://giladlotan.com/blog/2008/04/mobile-phones-third-world-and-user-centered-design/

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/