Issue-77 and the Tracking Compliance and Scope spec

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2011 05:28:49 +0900
To: public-tracking@w3.org
I notice that the current Tracking Compliance and Scope draft has no link
to issue-77 (How does a website determine if it is a first or third party
and should this be included in the protocol) -- though that draft does have
links to many other open issues.

I'm not sure if that's just an oversight, but the question of how a site
determines if it's a first or third party seems fundamentally important --
I think it's likely to be one of the very first questions that anybody
reading the spec would ask -- I'd hope it should be prominently noted in
the Tracking Compliance and Scope draft that the spec is currently lacking
any language to address that, but that it's a known issue the group is
working on resolving.

  --Mike

--
Michael[tm] Smith