Re: Action 13 - Mandatory Server Response

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 14:49:33 +0100
Cc: "Tracking Protection Working Group WG (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>, Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@adobe.com>

looking through previous discussion of dynamic DNT response headers and "Vary: DNT", about the most extensive explanation I see is:

> Note that this would require all responses from that server
> to disable shared caching ("Vary: DNT").  I think that is a non-starter.

Just from the protocol definition, that conclusion doesn't follow (using the httpbis draft):

I vaguely recall that you had the behaviors of particular implementations in mind in previous discussions.

Care to put on the record in a bit more detail what that was all about?

Thomas Roessler, W3C  <tlr@w3.org>  (@roessler)