Re: "cross-site"

Tom,

Le 15 nov. 2011 à 15:34, Tom Lowenthal a écrit :
> Mark, the issue of sites vs entities has been discussed at length in the
> group. Please read the mailing list archives and meeting minutes to get
> appraised of the discussion so far.

Mark is talking about the document
    Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)
    W3C Working Draft 14 November 2011
    http://www.w3.org/TR/2011/WD-tracking-dnt-20111114/

This document is aimed primarily at the implementers audience
(not policy makers). People who will deal with the HTTP layer
of the client and the server. The specification has to be
unambiguous for this audience. At the HTTP layer, There is no
such things as a business entity.

There are hosts, domain names, data, etc. We have to clearly
keep that in mind when we are defining the technology.

--
Karl Dubost - http://dev.opera.com/