Re: User intended interactions [1st & 3rd Parties]

From: Vincent Toubiana <v.toubiana@free.fr>
Date: Sat, 12 Nov 2011 15:21:31 +0100
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
CC: Tom Lowenthal <tom@mozilla.com>, "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
I think the point here  - and the big difference with example 11 -  is
that the user knows that he'll go through "bit.ly" redirection and
decides to click on the link. Bit.ly could legitimately be viewed as a
first party providing a redirection service.
If we say that "bit.ly" is a third party, then we should say the same of
all ad-networks who redirect users clicking on ads.

Also, every website could know from which site a visitor comes and where
he goes when he clicks on an outbound link.

Vincent